Wooden garden furniture gives an authentic feel to any patio area. The deep brown hardwood is elegant, while still being robust enough to handle the great british summers! There are a few reasons why we love hardwood furniture, but lets look over the pros and cons.
- Brings and authentic, rustic feel to your garden area.
- With proper care can last for over a decade.
- Available in many different styles and sizes.
- Less harsh on smaller gardens – doesn’t over power its surroundings.
- Most dining sets will fold for easy storage.
- Requires regular maintenance.
- Cover required during the winter months.
- Not as robust as all weather furniture.
To sum up, hardwood garden furniture is great for that authentic feel, if you have the time to give it the care and attention it needs to stay looking great.
Maintaining Hardwood Furniture
To maintain your garden furniture, we recommend using Teak Oil, this helps protect it from water damage and extreme heat.
You will need: 1 Bottle of Teak Oil, 2 Clean Cloths.
First of all, wipe down your garden furniture with one of your cloths. This is to ensure no dirt of grit gets rubbed into the wood, as this can scratch the surface.
Next, apply generous ammounts of teak oil to your clean cloth, and wipe your piece of garden furniture all over, trying to get into every tight corner possible. We are aiming to create a watertight seal, that will prevent damage later on.
And finally leave it to dry, you will want to apply your teak oil every 4-6 weeks.
You can see our full range of wooden garden furniture in the video below, or to buy online see our: Hardwood Furniture Section