Rattan furniture is a more popular topic as the furniture has become a modern staple in any garden, and the synthetic variety favoured by most comes with quite a few misconceptions and information gaps.
We have collected some of the more common questions that we get asked with regards to our rattan garden furniture, along with our answers in this article. If you have any more questions that aren’t answered here, then feel free to contact us for further information on 01455 274748 (9am-5pm Mon-Fri) or email email@example.com.
- 1 The Full Rattan FAQ’s List
- 1.1 Can I leave my synthetic rattan furniture out during the winter?
- 1.2 Can I buy replacement cushions for my rattan furniture set?
- 1.3 Can I leave cushions outside on my when it’s raining?
- 1.4 Do I need to cover my rattan furniture during the winter?
- 1.5 Do I need to cover or protect the feet of my rattan furniture?
- 1.6 Do I need to store my rattan furniture cushions in the winter?
- 1.7 Is it possible to repair any broken strands of synthetic rattan?
- 1.8 What’s the best way to clean synthetic rattan garden furniture?
- 1.9 Do I need to cover my synthetic rattan furniture?
- 1.10 Can I repair scratches on synthetic rattan furniture?
- 1.11 How can I restore synthetic rattan furniture?
- 1.12 Can my rattan garden furniture get wet?
- 1.13 What is hand woven outdoor furniture made from?
The Full Rattan FAQ’s List
Without further ado, lets get into the list and start answering some questions!
The quick answer for anyone buying from us is YES. The rattan furniture supplied at Garden Centre Shopping UK is designed to be weatherproof, because it has an aluminium frame (which cannot rust) and UV stabilized synthetic rattan (which will not fade, rot or go brittle).
However if you have purchased from another provider, you will have to check the materials used, as steel frames are prone to rusting, and if the rattan hasn’t been treated it can fade and become brittle.
Can I buy replacement cushions for my rattan furniture set?
We often have replacements for these cushions, and if not can occasionally source them from our supplier, so please contact us to check this via phone or email.
Can I leave cushions outside on my when it’s raining?
We advise to store your furniture cushions to avoid them becoming mouldy and water damaged. The cushions are not waterproof.
The furniture itself does not require a cover. It’s designed to survive the snow and icy conditions of the winter months. Again we advise storing the cushions at all times when not in use.
Do I need to cover or protect the feet of my rattan furniture?
When dragged across concrete and slabs the plastic feet edges can become scratched and worn, however this damage is purely aesthetic, and often not a problem. If you would like to avoid this then you may cover them with a more durable material or coating.
Do I need to store my rattan furniture cushions in the winter?
Yes we advise storing all cushions when not in use, as they can become damaged by excess water.
Is it possible to repair any broken strands of synthetic rattan?
Broken strands can happen if the furniture has been punctured by sharp objects. To repair your rattan strand, simply cover the break in the rattan with epoxy resin, forming it with a sculpting tool to look similar to the surrounding rattan edges. Leave it to set and harden for at least 24 hours, and do so in a well ventilated area. You may have to paint the surrounding area to blend in the fix perfectly.
Cleaning synthetic rattan furniture can be done using a bowl of warm water and a cloth, or using a jet washer. This is effective to remove stains and mould from the furniture itself. The cushions can be cleaned in a washing machine to remove mould or water damage, but check the labels beforehand.
Do I need to cover my synthetic rattan furniture?
Synthetic rattan furniture doesn’t require a cover, because it’s durable and weatherproof. This is only the case however if it’s made with an aluminium frame, and the synthetic rattan has been UV stabilized.
Can I repair scratches on synthetic rattan furniture?
Scratches on synthetic rattan strands can be fixed using epoxy resin and paint. Simply fill the scratch with resin, leave to dry for 24 hours in a ventilated area, then paint to match with the surrounding rattan.
How can I restore synthetic rattan furniture?
Due to our rattan being UV stabilized it should never fade. However, if your synthetic rattan is looking faded or damaged, then it could be time to restore it. The steps to do this are as follows:
- Use a jet washer from a distance to remove all ingrained dirt and mould.
- Prepare a bowl of warm water with ordinary washing liquid.
- Wipe your furniture all over with a cloth.
- Fill any scratches or broken strands with epoxy resin.
- Leave to dry in the open for 24 hours.
- Paint any resin to match the surrounding rattan colour.
Yes it can, read the full answer in the link above.
What is hand woven outdoor furniture made from?
While garden furniture can be made from various different things, the hand woven rattan that we supply has been made with:
- A strong aluminium frame
- UV stabilized synthetic rattan weave
This makes our rattan furniture all weather, allowing you to leave it outside all year without any maintenance required.
And you can also checkout our new reclining rattan available online here, including the new adjustable table shown below!